31 December 2013

2014: cultivating contentment

Last January I wrote of my search for moderation in 2013, and I'm pleased with the progress I made on that front. While I still worked hard and set lofty goals, I moderated my innate desire for perfection, for immediate results, and for "more".  I consumed fewer material goods, opted for a smaller living space to call home, and spent a little less time on work and more on my spirit

Now, I find myself staring down 2014 with a desire to achieve real contentment in life. For me that means cultivating a healthy mind, body, spirit, and planet.

principles of green design
How to accomplish this lofty goal? That's what I'll be figuring out over the year, but it will most certainly include connecting with nature, living more simply and in the present, serving others, practicing yoga and meditation daily, eating a primarily plant based diet, living sustainably, and investigating holistic and natural ways to turn homes into sanctuaries. 

natural design ideas
Our world is a complicated and hectic place. There are many problems. Big ones. All we can do is try to leave the places and spaces we visit and occupy a little better than we found them. And stop to take in the beauty that surrounds us in things big and small. That is what will leave an impact on people and on the planet. And that is when contentment will emerge. 
I wish you all a wonderful 2014 and I hope you will follow along and find posts that inspire you to decorate simply and naturally, think sustainably and sleep peacefully! 

4 comments :

  1. love this post! here's to creating simple spaces in heart and home in 2014! Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! All the best for a wonderfully creative 2014.

      Delete
  2. Again, your focus sbout what is really important, inspires me in so many ways. Thanks for this post. I continue to enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment. I'm so happy that I can inspire you even in a small way. All the best in 2014!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!