Thank you all so much for your atta girl's on my IKEA chair hack that I posted as part of my office makeover project. This was a $20 chair from the clearance section of IKEA that had been scratched and marked up on the seat. I had lots of questions on how I covered it, so here are the steps. So easy!
1. Use an allen key to unattach the backrest.
2. Trace the back onto the backside of the wallpaper you want to use (twice, one for each side).
3. Cut a little larger than the trace that you made, with scissors.
4. Use spray adhesive to glue it onto the back side.
5. Use a sharp utility knife to cut along the edges of the chair to get the wallpaper nice and neat.
6. Repeat for the front of the back rest, and the chair seat.
7. I used just a touch of semi-gloss polyurethene to go over the wallpaper, to make sure that the edges didn't fray from use. Don't use too much, as it will wet the wallpaper and bubble it.
8. Use a pencil to punch the holes in the chair back where the screws go, and then screw it back onto the chair.
9. Voila! Show off your pretty chair.