15 February 2012

one room challenge - week 5

If you've been following this blogger challenge to finish a room in six weeks, you've seen the progression of my office/library. This week, since the room is almost complete, I got to work on organizing and storage solutions, because this is a room that has to be functional as well as stylish.
First off, I needed a way to display my many magazines so they were neat and easy to reference. I stacked some on top of the locker-style credenza and put some in vintage wire crates.





A bamboo tray corrals my electronic gadgets and a vintage tin box keeps note cards and stamps handy.


I used a round basket to hold wallpaper and kraft paper.


A grouping of tin cans, jars and bowls on my desk holds essentials. And this great vintage wooden box holds my business cards.



Finally, my filing cabinet drawer is organized with kitchen dishes that make useful little cubbies for small items.


So, as you can see, any room makeover of mine isn't complete without great organization solutions!
Hope you enjoyed, and please enjoy the other bloggers' rooms as well:



17 comments :

  1. Oh wow, I feel like a slob. You are so organized...I am inspired. I love the wallpaper rolls in the bin. Where did you ever find that perfect box for your business cards? They are quite stylish, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the organization ...I wish I were so organized!! It also makes me smile that you need your magazines like I do mine ... your's just look alot prettier!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say the same thing about your organization skills but now I just feel unoriginal! lol
    Dying to see the entire room now. I've loved everything you've shown us so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This room is full of character with all the accessories. I love the vintage crates and the different holders of all the essentials. Great idea with the dishes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love organizing! I think every room should be stylish and functional! Great display of items and draw organizing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! It's organized, but still homey and warm -- lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some beautiful and inspiring organization going on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are those Pyrex fridgies I see that you used for organizing your drawer!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you definitely have the organization thing down. I need to take notes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @My Crafty Home-LifeThanks! The wooden box is a hand-me-down from my grandmother. Probably not worth anything to most, but a prized possession to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To be 100% honest, I don't think I'm going to have time to organize my supplies really well. Cutting corners booo. I love your storage solutions - functional and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous of your organizational skills. I have design magazines everywhere and they are not organized in any way whatsoever. I've used them a lot with blogging and it would make my life easier to have them well organized like you. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am still drooling over that chair that you wallpapered! I also LOVE that white cabinet! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. okay, it's not find it friday but this office is lovely and I need to know some source info. I've searched thru all the one-room challenge posts and used your site's search feature- help!

    could you tell me where you got the desk, filing cabinet & locker cabinet?

    ReplyDelete
  15. @cred

    Of course- I should have listed the sources on the post!

    The desk is from Pier 1 Imports, the filing cabinet and locker cabinet are both from IKEA. IKEA also has a similar desk as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Which one is the nice choice for business the paper or the plastic transparent business cards?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!