3 February 2012

room of the week: b&w modern rustic kitchen

While perusing one of my favourite design blogs last week, Desire to Inspire, this modern rustic kitchen from designer Gregory Mellor spoke to me. 

modern rustic kitchen

modern rustic kitchen

Something about this space is calm and inviting. I love the dark cabinets and the dark open shelving, which you normally see in either white or wood. The high contrast with the white plank ceiling and white subway tiles makes the space interesting, yet it is still very serene. The mix of materials such as the industrial-looking pendant, vintage dishware, and mixed vintage modern chairs is superb.

Lovely, don't you think? 

1 comment :

  1. Stunning! I love the white countertops and tile with the accent of dark cabinets! So inviting and warm!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!