5 February 2012

i'm obsessed with...industrial style design

I'm loving how industrial elements are making their way out of only being in trendy loft spaces and into lots of different styles of homes. The style mixes especially well with mid-century modern, rustic-modern and Scandinavian styles. But you can find a glimpse of it here and there even in more luxurious rooms as well.

Industrial style is defined by organic elements like brick, concrete, wood, and exposed pipes and beams, and by vintage utilitarian items like work lamps and steel cabinets and chairs. It's a great way to decorate sustainably, since you can usually find these things at flea markets, scrap yards or antique fairs.

kitchenbuilding.com
Style at Home
Elle Decor

Randy Weinstein
Randy Weinstein
House and Home
emma's blog
homedit.com
Do you like this trend? Are you adding any industrial elements to your home?

3 comments :

  1. I would love to add an industrial element to my house as I am all about eclectic but I have not found the perfect piece yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this trend! I have several industrial pieces in my home and love when mixed with warmer pieces. I think it makes for a unique look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have reason it's wonderfull how this style combines with disferentes pieces: modern, contemporary or rustic. And how, increasingly, it goes getting in the houses, though it's only of slight form with a sóla piece.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!