3 December 2011

a cozy and contemporary ski lodge

This Colorado ski home renovation featured in Architectural Digest made me dig out my skis and dream about  heading to the mountains! I will be there soon, but probably not in a place as gorgeous as this.

This lodge is such a perfect example of how to create a contemporary and minimal home while still maintaining a rustic, country, cozy feel. The spectacular views are highlighted with massive windows, and the log construction is front and centre, yet it doesn't feel like you are in country cabin. The kitchen is black and sleek, and the dining room and bathroom are proof that natural materials can definitely be used in a modern design. 








Don't you wish you could be here for the weekend?

1 comment :

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!