22 September 2013

quick refresh: succulent corner

Well it's officially autumn, and though it's my favourite time of year, I also hate to see all the green go away. So this year I'm giving my dining room a quick refresh by creating a corner filled with succulents as a way to bring the green inside year-round. 


I got the hanging garden from my sweet family who came to visit this summer - picked up from the awesome shop Centro Garden in Burlington. Friends had given me a terrarium from West Elm that I now put to use, and I added a cactus in an antique crock to the mix. Finally, I added one more succulent in a dollar store container that I wrapped in birch bark from my home in New Brunswick. This and a wood cutting board add a natural modern rustic feel. 



Great way to refresh your home for the long haul through winter, don't you think? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!