22 May 2012

creating a beach chic guestroom

I'm working with a client on turning her spare bedroom into a beachy chic room that will wow her guests this summer. This is a lovely theme when not overdone and when mixed with modern pieces. Her colours will be white with a punch of sea blue and natural materials.  


We start work on the room soon, so watch for some DIY project posts - these are what will help us come in on budget! Here is the design board for the project. 


Will you be hosting guests this summer at your home or cottage? If so, you'll want to check out this post on creating an inviting guest bedroom. 

12 comments :

  1. Love the moodboard! What specific color is the sea blue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @thewaffler.com

    Thanks Molly! We are going with white walls and a patterned blue wallpaper behind the bed. But the blue swatch I'm using on the mood board as the colour guide is Dulux Blue Hydrangea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful room design Kelly. The pattern on the wall behind the bed adds an interesting focal point. I know it is going to look great when you're finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this look. I think oars up-cycled in a beach themed room can be so versatile. Thank you for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look...in my mind, I live at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Kelly! Love the soft neutral palette with a hint of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like my dream room! I love that bench at the bottom of the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to visit your client and stay in her soon-to-be beautiful beachy spare bedroom! Love the colour palette and the elements you've put together on your inspiration board. The only thing missing is a pretty blue glass float or two :-) Looking forward to watching the room progress :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty mood board! The colors & textures are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your guest bedroom! so relaxing! I felt like I'm at a beachside vacation home already!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very refreshing.... love the watery palette!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous...I love the side tables. You have an amazing knack for putting things together!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!