10 May 2012

living small: living room offices

Living small is a sustainable way to go green - for the earth and your wallet. But sacrificing space doesn't mean sacrificing function or style. Setting up a home office right in your living area can look beautiful - it just needs to be thoughtful and organized. Here are some great ideas. 

small living room home office space
via Apartment Therapy

living room office
Peter Dunham, via House Beautiful 

Lonny

Apartment Therapy

Rue

Apartment Therapy

Lauren Leonard Interiors
Jenny Wolf Interiors

via Houzz
Where is your home office set up? 

6 comments :

  1. My office is in the former living room. It's all by itself, right off the front hall, and has gone from being the least used room in the house to one of the most, because the kids take over the computer when they get home :) (and having it front an centre forces me to be tidy!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms

    I know, it makes you become very organized, right? Its always satisfying to make use of previously unused space. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since our house is the size of a matchbox, I work from my laptop on my lap (which is far from ideal) but there is a tiny bit of space to set up a desk. The Lauren Leonard office is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Meghan

    I am lucky enough to have an office space at home and yet I still use my laptop on my lap in front of the TV! Maybe I should just move the desk to the living room. :) Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing! I love all the unique desks, everyone being different from the other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @hardydanielle

    I know, there is so much variety and so many ways to create a cool little workspace that it becomes pretty easy to have an office and a living room combined. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!