23 May 2012

global design inspiration: Morocco

I've been drooling over the stunning Marrakesh home of Maryam Montague and Chris Redecke featured in the lastest Lonny mag. Since moving to Morocco five years ago, Montague has become an expert on regional design and has recently published the drool-worthy book Marrakesh by Design


Their home displays the best of Moroccan design in simple ways - through stencilled patterns, colourful rugs, clusters of lanterns, and vintage treasures. I love that it's not too colourful or overdone, and that it is modern while still paying tribute to tradition. 




All above images via Lonny

Is this a look that you like? Have you tried it in your home? 


5 comments :

  1. It's such an amazing space. I just love the turquoise bedhead :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how the turquoise pops out of those spaces. The crisp white and the light is all so full of goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wedding blankets, so pretty. Thanks for popping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moroccan wedding blankets are one of my biggest weaknesses so I drooled over every picture! I have a few Moroccan lanterns and textiles around my home but clearly I need more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am lovin' the vibe of this place! So welcoming! Love the pop of color that the headboard gives!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!