31 May 2015

summer bedroom refresh

I just love blue ticking fabric, don't you? It's feels so summer coastal cottage - I can smell the strawberries and feel the warm breeze now. So when I spotted the iconic pattern in a cotton duvet cover at IKEA, I grabbed it. I decided that I would use it to lighten up my bedroom for summer - by reupholstering my bed frame. I put together DIY and natural elements to create this mood board to keep me on track, and then got going.



My frame is a platform bed covered in ugly brown 'pleather', but it's easy to re-cover using just a staple gun. One duvet cover was more than enough to cover the headboard, sideboards and footboard, plus I get to use the two pillow shams as well.



I found an amazing vintage industrial light cage and an antique bracket to hang a bedside pendant lamp.


Lavender, white crisp sheets and a textured white blanket make for a sensual and soothing retreat.


Add some DIY art in a repurposed old frame, plants and a few vintage industrial pieces and my coast summer bedroom is complete, for a total of $80 (duvet cover, light cage and bracket).


Are you lightening up your bedroom for summer?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!