9 August 2011

room for a sunroom?

I had the opportunity to see a couple of beautiful sunrooms on the weekend, and they have inspired me to think about adding this kind of room to my next project.  A sunroom is a fantastic addition to any home, with numerous aesthetic, financial and environmental benefits. It provides extra living space and helps bring the outdoors in.  It can help in heating your whole home if you add plenty of windows and use energy efficient glass. It will also increase natural light, helping you cut down on the use of electricity.  A great way to improve the function and style of your home, along with adding value. 

The beauties below have me drooling...

Mount House contemporary living room

Outdoor Entertaining traditional porch

Plantation Sunroom tropical family room

2006 Southern Living Idea House Sunroom Daniel Island traditional family room

Marthas Vineyard Home traditional living room
kevinallencarpentry.com traditional porch

Laundry room with a view traditional laundry room
Houzz 

Do you have a sunroom? Would you recommend making room for one in a home? 

1 comment :

  1. These sunrooms are gorgeous. I'm looking forward to the canopy covers we purchased to add to our backyard style.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!